1132 Follower
395 Ich folge
abouthappbooks

About Happy Books

Hi, I'm a book blogger from Germany, I heart romances and happy books.

About Happy Books: http://www.abouthappybooks.com (English blog)

About Happy Books: https://www.youtube.com/abouthappybooks  (booktube channel)

Bücher-lit: https://buecherlit.blogspot.de (deutscher Blog)

Happy Reading!

Sabrina

Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, Book 4)

Tangled Threads - Jennifer Estep Gin Blanco is back and she is working hard to achieve her goal to take revenge on the woman who killed both her mother and sister. But first she has to survive the attacks of one of the best assassins. A deadly fight between Gin and the asssassin Elektra LaFleur begins and only one of them will survive.
At least Gin's relationship with Owen Grayson seems to get better and better, for the first time in her life Gin really starts to trust a man who she is in a relationship with. And of course there's also Gin's little sister Bria Coolidge who doesn't know that the deadly Spider is really her misssing sister.
Will Gin win the fight against Elektra and will she get her sister back?

Another book in the Elemental Assassin series and another book I loved reading. "Tangled Threads" fits perfectly into the series and the story that was started in book #1. The characters development felt right and made me happy.

I loved that Gin finally has a man in her life whom she loves and can trust. And I loved that Bria is finally in Gin's life and hopefully they will get the chance to build a new sisterly relationship.

The fight scenes of the book were thrilling and the way Gin experienced her special magical abilities was (as always) fascinating. I also enjoyed that even though Gin has these special abilities she is not invulnerable and that she risks her life every time she takes on an enemy.

You might notice that I try to not give away too much info about the story in case you haven't already read the other books in the series. If you haven't tried "Spider's Bite" so far, you should really give this series a chance. One of the strengths of this series is that the books in it fit together perfectly and that no new developments are unlogical or feel forced. Another big strength is Jennifer Estep's writing style. She is an entertainer when writing books, her stories are always very engaging and I have a great time while reading them.

cover
The cover looks great and fits perfectly to the story.

final appraisal
"Tangled Threads" is a great new addition to the Elemental Assassin series. The characters, the plot and the author's writing style continue to be very entertaing and I can't get enough of this series.
I would recommend this book to all readers who enjoy fast-paced, not too dark Urban Fantasy and who like very entertaining stories.
If you are new to the series I would recommend to start with "Spider's Bite", the first book in the series.