1132 Follower
395 Ich folge
abouthappbooks

About Happy Books

Hi, I'm a book blogger from Germany, I heart romances and happy books.

About Happy Books: http://www.abouthappybooks.com (English blog)

About Happy Books: https://www.youtube.com/abouthappybooks  (booktube channel)

Bücher-lit: https://buecherlit.blogspot.de (deutscher Blog)

Happy Reading!

Sabrina

Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, Book 2)

Web of Lies - Jennifer Estep Gin Blanco is back. She's no longer working as the famous assassin Spider and now runs the barbecue joint the Pork Pit. Life is a bit boring without concentrating on her former job so Gin is actually excited when two guys try to rob her. Stopping them is no problem but when it turns out that the father of one of the guy's is a famous lawyer with connections to the most powerful and cruel woman in town Gin fears that there will be trouble. And when the next day Gin manages to rescue a young women named Violet from being killed, she knows that it's time to come back from retirement and do two more jobs.
Meanwhile her relationship with Detective Donovan Caine doesn't seem to have a chance because of who she is. Will Gin be able to help the girl against an overwhelming enemy and will there be a new development in her private life?

The second book in a series is very important for me. After reading it I normally decide if I want to continue with a series or not. So I was excited and a bit anxious to see if "Web of Lies" would be as fantastic as "Spider's Bite. And I'm happy to say that it is as great and fascinating, so I will definitely go on with reading the Elemental Assassin series.
I enjoyed Jennifer Estep's writing style a lot. It's engaging and I forgot time when reading "Web of Lies". The way she wrote the story made it a joy to read about Gin, Finn and the others. Reading the book was never a struggle for me and I was suprised by how fast I managed to read it. "Web of Lies" made me stay up late and I was always excited to read on. The book contains just like "Spider's Bite" the perfect mix of action, funny, erneast and sexy scenes.
I loved learning more about Gin because IMO she is an amazing woman. She's strong, honest, cares about the people close to her and is willing to do what others shy away from. She has become one of my favourite characters and I care about what happens to her.
I was suprised by the way the relationship between Gin and Detective Caine changed but in the end it felt right to me and I guess what happened is for the best. I enjoyed learning more about Gin's past and can't wait to read more about her magical abilities. I'm also excited to see what will happen in Gin's private life and especially with her sister.

cover
Great cover. It's strong, a bit mysterious and conveys a good feeling for the story.

final appraisal
A great and thrilling book that makes me excited to read more about Gin and the other characters. The story never got boring and I enjoyed every page of this book. Jennifer Estep has created a fascinating world full of unique characters that casted a spell over me.