1132 Follower
395 Ich folge
abouthappbooks

About Happy Books

Hi, I'm a book blogger from Germany, I heart romances and happy books.

About Happy Books: http://www.abouthappybooks.com (English blog)

About Happy Books: https://www.youtube.com/abouthappybooks  (booktube channel)

Bücher-lit: https://buecherlit.blogspot.de (deutscher Blog)

Happy Reading!

Sabrina

Treachery in Death (In Death 32)

Treachery in Death (In Death, #32) - J.D. Robb After closing a case as primary Detective Peabody is on a roll and excited for more. But when she overhears two cops talking about illegal activities and murder she is shocked.
Lieutenant Eve Dallas is furious when she learns what Peabody overheard because she hates nothing more than cops who misuse their power to steal and kill. Together with the cops she trusts and her husband Roarke Eve will do everything in her power to end the reign of the dirty cops.

"Treachery in Death" is a classic how to get the bad guys story and I enjoyed that it was not as emotional as some of the other books in the In Death series. I liked that the book concentrated on Eve and her team's investigation. I loved seeing them work together and especially how Eve handled the dirty cops was awesome.
Furthermore I liked that we got to see more of Webster and I was happy to read what happened in his life. I also liked the interactions between him and Eve. The investigation of the case showed all the reasons why Eve is such a great cop. She is honest, wears her badge with pride, she doesn't misuse her position and does everything in her power to solve her cases.
I loved the scenes in which Eve manipulated the bad guys and especially their leader. And I enjoyed the interactions between Whitney and Eve and how the commander handled the dirty cops and always supported Eve. As always I also enjoyed the lighter moments of the story, for example a quarrel between Eve and Roarke and a hilarious situation in which Eve has to watch over baby Belle (so cute and made me laugh out loud).
Even after so many parts in this series I'm always super excited to read the next book because the stories still are fascinating and feel fresh. The next book in the series is called "From New York to Dallas" (one time name change) and I guess we will learn some more about Eve's past in it. I will definitely get some tissues handy to read it.

cover
I like the UK cover and the feeling of being followed fits to the story.

final appraisal
"Treachery in Death" is a great, thrilling and very entertaining book. I loved that this time it was all about how to get the bad guys and to see the dynamics between Eve and her team. This part of the series is one of my favourites and I can't wait for more.