1129 Follower
393 Ich folge
abouthappbooks

About Happy Books

Hi, I'm a book blogger from Germany, I heart romances and happy books.

About Happy Books: http://www.abouthappybooks.com (English blog)

About Happy Books: https://www.youtube.com/abouthappybooks  (booktube channel)

Bücher-lit: https://buecherlit.blogspot.de (deutscher Blog)

Happy Reading!

Sabrina

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake - Sarah MacLean "Nine rules to break when romancing a rake" is a delightful and entertaining book that I loved reading.

Lady Calpurnia Hartwell (that's really her name!) has always followed the rules of society and it never did her any good. She's nearly thirty and still a spinster without any hope to find a man she could love. Over the years she has accepted the role of a walflower and lost hope to lead a more satisfying life.
When her younger sister get's engaged Callie realizes that it's finally time to do something about the boredom in her life. She makes up a list with nine items that she wants to do but aren't acceptable for a single woman. Suprisingly the one man she has dreamed about for years turns out to be her partner in crime. Gabriel St. John, the Marquess of Ralston, wants Callie's help to intruduce his newly found sister into society. He soon realizes that Callie is so much more than a wallflower and is utterly fascinated by her. She is happy about his attention but still dreams of his love even though she fears that he will never be able to truly love her.

"Nine rules to break when romancing a rake" by Sarah MacLean is one of the best historical romances I read in a long time. The story is so lovely and I enjoyed reading about the characters right from the start. The plot is very entertaining and also unique. I love the idea of the list and how carrying out the items made Callie into a stronger woman. She is a great and very likable character and Gabriel is perfect for her. I loved how in the end he convinced her that she really is as beautiful on the outside as on the inside. Gabriel is a strong man who can have everything he wants in life. But he never misuses his privilege and he is really a very charning rake. I enjoyed all the scenes when Callie and Gabriel were together and I especially liked their banter and the sexy moments between them.
I also enjoyed reading about Callie and Gabriel's siblings and hope to meet them again in future books by Sarah MacLean.

So all in all there's nothing left to say besides that I think that Sarah MacLean is a fantastic author. I will definitely get her upcoming book "Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord" which will be published November 1 2010 and is about Gabriel's twin brother Nicholas.