1132 Follower
395 Ich folge
abouthappbooks

About Happy Books

Hi, I'm a book blogger from Germany, I heart romances and happy books.

About Happy Books: http://www.abouthappybooks.com (English blog)

About Happy Books: https://www.youtube.com/abouthappybooks  (booktube channel)

Bücher-lit: https://buecherlit.blogspot.de (deutscher Blog)

Happy Reading!

Sabrina

Die Beschenkte

Die Beschenkte - Kristin Cashore 16 year old Katsa is an outsider because of her unusual grace, nobody can kill another person as easily as she. Since her grace appeared for the first time when she was eight she has been shunned by most people and was forced by her uncle, the king, to do his dirty jobs.
When Katsa meets Po, a young man who is also graced, her whole life begins to change. For the first time she realizes that she doesn't have to do what her uncle wants her to.
Together with Po she leaves her home to solve the mystery surrounding an old man who was kidnapped and on their journey they have to go through a lot of dangerous situations.
Will they solve the mystery and will they find a life where both can be who they are without being shunned?

Kristin Cashore has created a mesmerizing world full of unique and fascinating characters. "Graceling" is one of the reasons why adults should give books for young adults a chance. You don't want to miss out on this wonderful book just because you are not longer a young adult.

Kristin Cashore created a world that enthralled me from the first sentence on and accompanying Katsa on her journey was breath-taking and wonderful. I loved the author's writing style and couldn't get enough of Katsa, Po and their adventures. Even though the reader gets a lot of new information at the beginning, for example about the seven kingdoms, I never had trouble to follow the story and to understand what was going on.
Katsa was a wonderful heroine, she was on the one hand so strong and deadly. On the other hand she was also very vulnerable and insecure. I loved reading about her and admired the young woman she became throughout the book. Even at the times when the king ruled over her she still found a way to help the people who needed help. Not many people in her life showed her kindness and she still was in the end a good person. Reading about her grace was thrilling and I was very happy with the way she figured out more about her grace on her journey.
Po was just was great as Katsa. He was more sure of himself than Katsa and the way he helped her get more self-confident was beautiful. I especially loved the scenes when they were together. Their love story was sweet and very inspiring. For once I don't want to give away too much information about the story but you can be sure, that there will be a happy end. A happy end that was perfect for Katsa and Po even though it wasn't all pretty and without problems.

cover
Amazing! I love the strength that is emitted and I think it's a great and fitting cover for the book.

final appraisal
"Graceling" is a beautifully written book that amazes through it's thrilling story and it's extraordinary characters. Books like this one are the reason why adults should read young adult noveld because otherwise you would miss this wonderful book.
I would recommend this book to all readers who are interested in a multifaceted, mesmerizing and strong book.

Seven Kingdoms Trilogy