1126 Follower
393 Ich folge
abouthappbooks

About Happy Books

Hi, I'm a book blogger from Germany, I heart romances and happy books.

About Happy Books: http://www.abouthappybooks.com (English blog)

About Happy Books: https://www.youtube.com/abouthappybooks  (booktube channel)

Bücher-lit: https://buecherlit.blogspot.de (deutscher Blog)

Happy Reading!

Sabrina

Küss mich doch!: Roman

Küss mich doch! - Carly Phillips, Ursula C. Sturm review
"Kiss me if you can" is an awesome romance full of great characters, fun and love that makes me excited for more.

When crime reporter Sam Cooper (Coop) foils a robbery he has no idea that this single event will change his life completly. Because of his actions the media declares him New York's most eligible bachelor and women begin to follow him everywhere.
But that's just the start. Because of the ring he got as a thank you for spoiling the robbery Coop meets Lexie Davis who is so much more than just another groupie. She doesn't care about the whole most eligible bachelor thing. She wants to buy the ring as a present for her beloved grandma who owns a necklace in a similar style.
Coop and Lexie feel the attraction between them from the first moment and both are eager to get to know each other better. When Coop discovers that the ring is stolen property things get complicated. He and Lexie agree to work together and find out more about the ring and it's history. Neither of them is prepared for what they discover and how it's going to affect their feelings and growing attraction.

"Kiss me if you can" is another great book by Carly Phillips. It's easy to read and also very entertaining. Whenever I had to pause reading I had no trouble at all to get back into the story.
Lexie is a great heroine. She's very honest, caring, witty and free-spirited. I enjoyed that she is passionate about her work, travelling and the people she cares about.
Coop is also great. He is more grounded than Lexie and I love how he handles being criticised by her.
He and Lexie are a fantastic pair and it's nice that they talked about their issues and didn't act like idiots when they had a disagreement. It may sound a bit cheesy but I think that they really complemented each other perfectly.
There are many funny scenes between them but also some that are very hot and that's another aspect of the book I enjoyed. Coop and Lexie appear to be real persons instead of just book characters and that's why the story never falters and was always a joy to read.
The mystery is a light one and it's soon pretty clear who stole the ring. However the mystery is an important part of the book because it helps Lexie and Coop to solve their problems.

cover
The cover is fun to look at but the woman on it feels wrong because she is totally different from Lexie who for example wears glasses and isn't very girlie. But that's really the only thing I didn't like when it comes to this book

verdict
I really enjoyed reading "Kiss me if you can" because of the main characters and their interactions. Both hero and heroine felt like real people to me and I just loved reading about them. The story is fun and sexy - just how I like my happy books. I'm already excited to read "Love me if you dare", the second book in the series.